About the Fabrics
- Sateen 110gsm This fabric is 100% cotton and 144cm wide. Our cotton sateen is fabric super is lux and flowy. It has the slightest sheen and a teeny bit of give. Sateen is perfect for Summer clothing, dresses, pjs, pillowcases or soft homewares.
- Poplin 140gsm This fabric is 100% cotton and approx. 144cm wide. Our poplin is super versatile and is a beautiful crisp cotton. Poplin is perfect for clothing, quilting, accessories and homewares and in general is a great all-rounder.
- Canvas 250gsm This fabric is 100% cotton and 149cm wide. Our canvas is like a cotton drill and is perfect for sewing projects that need structure, think tote bags, clutches, planters and clothing.
- Cotton Lycra 240gsm This fabric is a 95% cotton 5% spandex and approx. 159cm wide. Cotton Lycra is a knit fabric and has two way stretch, it’s super comfy and great for kids clothing, dresses, tees & leggings. This fabric is great for the cooler months and in between seasons.
- French Terry 280gsm This fabric is 95% cotton 5% spandex and approx. 159cm wide. Our French Terry has a smooth printed side, which looks the same as our cotton lycra, and on the reverse side the fabric is looped back, making it a soft on the inside. This fabric is great for lightweight sweaters and lounge wear.
Fabric is cut as a continuous piece, if your fabric cannot be cut as a continuous piece we will contact you.
Can I use Whimsy Fabrics to make and sell products?
If you’re a business you are welcome to use our fabrics to make and sell products with. Please credit & tag @whimsykaleidoscope as the designer of the fabric when you share your products on social media and website.
Once fabric arrives in the studio it will be cut and shipped within 7 working days. All Fabric will be posted via Australia Post with tracking. We generally have a 6 – 8 week turnaround time but production and shipping time frames can be unpredictable and are constantly changing. If we cannot ship your order within 8 – 10 weeks from the pre order close date, we will contact you with an update.
For orders over 25+ metres within Australia please contact us for a shipping quote.
Yes we ship overseas! Check out our FAQ’s for a list of countries we currently ship to.
International orders will be sent via Australia Post Standard Mail; we can currently ship up to 2kg of fabric internationally.
International Shipping charges do not include possible taxes and charges imposed by the country of origin or destination. The responsibility of costs incurred for any customs duties, foreign taxes or other fees is the responsibility of the customer.
Please note that due to COVID there may be delays with shipping to some countries, which is beyond our control.
Other Important Bits
Please note that we sample all our fabric bases and some fabrics may shrink up to 2.5% after washing. We recommend pre washing your fabric prior to sewing. Please use a cold gentle wash and dry in indirect sunlight.
Please take note of the scale of the designs. If you are unsure about the scale or fabric base contact us with any questions you may have. We want you to be 100% happy with your fabric selection.
We have done our best to depict the colours and vibrancy of the fabric, however colours will vary between the different fabric bases and from your computer screen to real life.
Ink used in the textiles are Oeko-Tex standard 100 certified, which is Eco-friendly and safe.
We have taken the time to ensure that the fabric quality is a high standard. If you are not 100% happy with your order please see our FAQ’s for details on exchanges.
We absolutely love seeing designs come to life so please be sure to tag us on social media @whimsykaleidoscope #whimsyfabrics so we can see all your amazing creations.